Saturday, October 27, 2007

And the Winner is...

If there is one word that people use often when describing my family, I think it would be competitive. We hadn't been back at my parents house from our trip for five minutes when my brother called. Andy told us to get ready becuase they would be there soon for a "Pumpk-off". I knew this was serious...they were coming over with two pumkins, one for each couple, and we were having a pumpkin carving contest.

We have written in previous blogs about Andy and Abby, my borhter and his wife, and how much they mean to us. They are so intentional about spending time with us before we leave. We often pray together and they are so ecouraging to us. We will miss them, but we are thankful for how much time we have had to spend with them recently.

Though we love them, we didn't think we should let them win! Both couples got to work right away and below are the results, you can be the judge!



Bonus Points: Does anyone (who isn't on our NZ team) know what Joe and I carved on our pumpkin?

5 comments:

Nate said...

I know, I know!!! Pick me!! Pick me!!

Unknown said...

A kiwi!

Brad & Stacey said...

Is it schwarz? No, wait, a glow worm?

Joe and Amy said...

You're the glow worm, hunter. By the way, we played some Rook the other night and called "schwarz" just for you.

krista said...

K, second attempt at this.....I am guessing that the object carved on the pumpkin is a Kiwi bird. Just a guess though.......did I win?????

Know that we are excited for you all(the whole lot of you) and will praying with you along this journey.

Krista