Saturday, August 9, 2008

I've Been Assessed!


At the end of January I began gathering together a lot of different official documents from the States to send in to the New Zealand Qualifications Assessment team. The purpose in this was to get my degrees assessed to see what I needed to do in order to teach in New Zealand. This process that typically takes about one month is finally completed...seven months later! It was a very long process of waiting but I have been assessed and I am now qualified to teach in New Zealand without needing any further training! This means I can begin teaching as soon as a school needs a reliever, or a substitute. I plan on visiting schools this week to see where I can begin! 

7 comments:

Miss Ginder said...

Yay! I'm so glad that it all worked out! I'm anxious to hear all about the differences in the school systems there! Miss you!

yankee in nz said...

Congrats! I know what a frustrating process that can be having done it myself. NZ needs more teachers, especially Christian teachers.
Good on ya!

Rick.Cindy said...

Yay!!! Congrats Amy, you will be a blessing all around!

Keri said...

Congratulations, Amy! You'll be a great teacher!

Peggy said...

Congrats Amy! I'm so pleased that this turned out well for you! I'm confident that God will open all the right doors for you in the teaching field.
Blessings,
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Flammer

Way to go teacher....I wish I could be in your class.

Dad

Stan said...

That's awesome news! Go Amy! We hope and pray things are going well for you guys.