Saturday, August 16, 2008

yum yum yum

I recently found two foods that are brand new in New Zealand that have Joe and I very excited! 
The first one was a staple for us when we lived in the States, we were always stocked with these as they are a great on -the-go snack. While we were on the South Island I was at a supermarket and spotted these:
I was so excited, but I thought it must be something that only the South Island had, which didn't make a lot of sense to me. When we got home I saw that the supermarkets in Auckland were carrying the Nature Valley bars now too! 

The other thing we found was very exciting. New Zealand has very good ice cream but a more limited selection of flavours. I found this ice cream last week that has cookie dough (or it is supposed to but I have yet to spot a good cookie dough chunk!) in it! It also has other cookie bits. It tastes a little like Ben and Jerry's! We have been enjoying this new ice cream a lot! 

Our interest in foods and our ability to get some foods hasn't been too hard for us to adjust to. We have been content with whatever we can find, but these two new things are a nice addition to what New Zealand has to offer. I am still waiting on a Taco Bell and I think Joe is looking for some good pizza, but we have found other foods that we didn't eat much of in the States that we now love here! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was your spelling of "flavours" unintentional or intentional??? A clear sign that you guys are immersed as kiwis (if it was intentional)... A subconcious desire to be British if not!