Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!



Happy Birthday, Dad! I just had to use these pictures...one of you with your "At the Lake" hat in hand, and the other is my favorite of you having the time of your life...planting trees! I know it's not the most flattering, but it is so you! 

There are so many wonderful things that I could say about you and about how you are such an awesome dad. I have always known that I am so blessed to have a mom and dad who love each other SO much. I also know that I am so blessed to have a dad that loves me SO much. 

In moving to New Zealand, the importance of our relationship means even more to me. One of the most heart-breaking things for me in New Zealand is the way that so many girls never see their dad, do not know their dad, or are scared of their dad. I can't even imagine that. So many of my best memories are of times that you and I have spent together. I am so thankful for a dad that was not only present, but who was actively involved in my life, and has taught me so much.
It hasn't been easy living so far away from you, but it means so much to me the way that you are still so actively involved with our lives in New Zealand through email, skype, and prayer. You are one of the most faithful men of prayer that I know and that has been such an example to me. 

There are so many things that I just love about you, so I have decided to make a top ten list for you...Enjoy! 
10. You think I am a great singer
9. You laugh at all of my jokes (and it sounds genuine) 
8. You wear a hat that says "At the Lake" only when we (you) are at the lake
7. You love stock-car racing 
6. You sneak ice-cream when you think no-one is looking 
5. You love to take a day off work to do other work (see picture above!) 
4. Your wardrobe is made up of mainly anything that has the NU-WAY logo on it (see picture above!)
3. You have a knack for telling the truth in the most exaggerated way
2. You make spending time with your family a top priority
1. You are a great example to our family of a solid man of God 

We wish we could have been there to eat pizza, strawberry pie, and play Rack-O with you for you special day! I love you! 

No comments: